The South Korean online retail market is one of the largest e-commerce markets in the World. According to May 2019 eMarketer report, the South Korea's the e-Commerce market ranked 5th in the world in terms of transactions volume, more than Germany, France or Canada.
KOISRA offers unique logistics and import management services which allows foreign companies to sell online and ship their products directly to customers in Korea, without the need for finding local importer and distributor.
Online shopping transactions in Korea continue to grow and according to data from Statistics Korea agency, the annual online transactions volume increase every year since 2014 by around 17% to 30%. The annual online transactions volume in 2018 was $93.35 billion, an increase of 30% from 2017 ($71.6 billion) and 56% from 2016 ($59.6 billion).
In Korea, most of the online retail transactions done through online marketplace such as Gmarket, 11st and Coupang, and not through private online store. The main reasons for that are the coupons, special discounts, and benefits provided by credit card companies, quality of service, speed of delivery and ability to purchase different products in one place. According to Nielsen Korea, the top 3 marketplaces has no less than 10 millions unique visitors (PC and Mobile) a month.
As of today, Amazon doesn’t operate in Korea and none of the largest Korean marketplaces offer order fulfillment service, such as Amazon FBA, for foreign sellers. Another two important aspects of the Korean ecommerce market are the local delivery time and customer service level. According to DHL, South Korean customers expect to receive their deliveries within 3.9 days, compared to the global 6.5 days average. Some of the Korean marketplaces, like Coupang, even offer 1 day or same day delivery. Regarding the customer service, in many case it’s considered more important than the product price and it must be provided in Korean.
Our E-commerce services in Korea include the followings:
- Product Compliance – we check and advice regarding the relevant import regulations, labels, packaging, safety requirements, local standards and required registrations.
- Product Registration – according to the relevant regulations, we apply and register the product.
- Tax & Fees – we check and advice regarding the import and sales tax applied to your products.
- Import & Custom Clearance – once products inspection has been done, we release your products from the custom office.
- Receiving & Inventory Storage – we receive the products and store them at our storage in Seoul area.
- Translation & Localization – we create product pages in Korean language, localized to the Korean culture.
- Marketplaces – we list the products on the relevant marketplaces.
- Orders Processing – we receive and manage orders by customers from different channels and marketplaces.
- Local Shipping – we pick, pack and ship the order to the customer according to the marketplace terms.
- Return Processing – we accept and manage product return from customers according to the terms of each marketplace.
- Customer Service - we provide direct customer service support in Korean during working hours by phone and email.
- Marketing and PR – we can help promoting your products and brand by local marketing campaigns and PR articles in the local media and social media channels.
It is important to note that not all products can be registered and imported within this framework. In case it’s not possible, we will recommend locating a local partner specializing in importing and distributing such products. You can read more details on this page: Finding Distributor in Korea
We have over 7 years of experience in online retail business in Korea, not only by providing services to our clients, but also by operating our own online stores in almost all the major Korean marketplaces. We can be your local store and distributor and speed up your market entry to Korea!
Selling Online in Korea?
Call Us: +82-2-747-9443, Send an Email or Leave us a Message in the form below. We will be happy to answer your questions.
Selling online in Korea, FBA in Korea, Order Fulfillment Service in Korea, 3PL logistics in Korea, 4PL logistics in Korea, How to sell online in korea, Korea logistics, eCommerce Fulfillment services in Korea, Fulfilment service in Korea, Fulfillment center in Seoul, Selling on Gmarket in Korea, Selling on Coupang in Korea, Selling on 11st in Korea, Selling on Auction in Korea, amazon korean site, How to sell on Gmarket in Korea, How to sell on Ebay Korea, Product compliance services in Korea, Product registration in Korea, e-commerce report Korea