Weiss Porat & Co. is an Israeli based international law firm. The firm has extensive experience, unique in the Israeli legal environment, in working with Korea and Korean companies and has a variety of Korean clients including large companies as well as smaller companies and SME's.
Weiss Porat & Co. offers an extensive range of legal services and advice to Korean companies operating and investing in Israel, trading with Israel or considering working with Israel.
Among the firm's areas of practice are various fields of business law, contracts, technology transfer agreements, start ups and venture capital, licensing, joint ventures, corporate law, intellectual property, life sciences, labor law, litigation and arbitration and collection of debts.
The firm also provides tax advice to Korean companies regarding Israeli taxation and the benefits available under the Korea-Israel tax treaty, and obtains working visas required for companies dispatching their employees to Israel.
Adv. Zeev Weiss, the founder and a senior partner in the firm, is the Chairman of the Israel-Korea Business Counsel, established by the Federation of Korean Industries (FKI) and the Manufacturers' Association of Israel (MAI).
Adv. Eyal Victor Mamou, a lawyer admitted to the Israeli bar, is the firm's representative in Korea and the firm also have representatives in France, Belgium, Australia, USA and Japan, in addition to the main office in Israel.
The firm maintains working relations with several law firms in Korea including Kim & Chang and others.
Among the firm's Korean clients are major companies implementing infrastructure projects in Israel, manufacturers which the firm successfully represented in Israeli courts and legal proceedings, and other companies investing and dealing with Israel.
For example, Weiss, Porat & Co. -
- Assists and advises a major Korean company that carries out infrastructure projects in establishing its branch office in Israel and obtaining tax exemptions.
- Assisted a Korean company that contracted to send experts to Israel in obtaining working visas for its employees.
- Advised a Korean machinery company in arbitration proceedings against an Israeli company regarding a debt and distribution rights.
- Represented a Korean manufacturer in proceedings relating to the liquidation of its distributor in Israel.
- Legal advisors of KOTRA Israel.
For further information about the firm, its attorneys, offices, and practice areas you may contact Adv. Eyal Victor Mamou from our office.